Marble Mouth Off is a lip sync battle that will consist of eight rounds each with a different theme and hosted at a different Marble location. The winner of each round will win a $50 Marble gift card and advance to the final battle on May, 7th for the chance to win the top prizes.
Marble Mouth Off Dates & Genres
11-20-16 Genre: 70’s Location: Marble Westside Taproom
Registration Deadline: 11-18-16 at 4PM
12-11-17 Genre: 80’s Location: Marble Heights Brewery & Taproom
Registration Deadline: 12-09-17 at 4PM
01-08-17 Genre: 90’s Location: Marble Downtown Pub
Registration Deadline: 01-06-17 at 4PM
01-29-17 Genre: 50’s & 60’s Location: Marble Westside Taproom
Registration Deadline: 01-27-17 at 4PM
02-19-17 Genre: POP Location: Marble Heights Brewery & Taproom
Registration Deadline: 02-17-17 at 4PM
03-05-17 Genre: Rock Location: Marble Downtown Pub
Registration Deadline: 03-01-17 at 4PM
03-26-17 Genre: R&B Soul Location: Marble Westside Taproom
Registration Deadline: 03-24-17 at 4PM
04-23-17 Genre: OPEN Location: Marble Heights Brewery & Taproom
Registration Deadline: 04-21-17 at 4PM
05-07-17 Final Battle Location: Marble Downtown Pub
Marble Mouth Off – Official Rules
1. Registration begins on November 2, 2016. To register you MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org by 4PM the Friday before your chosen performance date which must include your song choice. (Please see list of all performance/genre sheet.) Registrants will be contacted via email with more details.
2. Only the first 20 acts registered will perform. If more than 20 registrations are taken, you will be notified and kept as an alternate act.
3. All participants must be 21 years of age.
4.You may only enter ONE song per genre/round.
5. Check in is between 3-3:30PM on the date of your performance.
6. You are responsible for all of your own props & costumes.
7. Song selections must be 1 song by the original artist or studio re-make. Medleys, montages and DJ mixes are prohibited.
8. Maximum time limit for your performance or song will be limited to no more than 5 minutes in length. It is okay if your song is less than 5 minutes, but, if it is longer, at the 5 minute mark all music will be faded out.
9. All songs and performances must be in good taste! Poor or vulgar content or choreography will result in immediate disqualification as well as immediate disruption in performance. The competition will be judged in these categories. A. Lip Sync Abilities: How well the performer(s) lip-sync the lyrics of the song. B. Creativity: How original and creative the performance is. Instead of just standing on stage and lip-syncing a song – props, choreography, costumes and/or other ideas should be used and often impresses the judges and generates crowd response. Be creative! C.Stage Presence & Choreography: Again,don’t just stand there! Engage the audience, dance, smile, make eye contact with the judges…you’re a STAR — have fun! Although there will be a panel of judges, audience voting will be strongly encouraged. Winners will be determined by a combination of both.
10. The winner of each genre/round will win a $50 Marble gift card and will automatically advance to the final battle at Marble Downtown Pub on May 7th for a chance to win the grand prize.
Grand Prizes Include:
1st Place– 2 tickets to Ska Anniversary Fest, 2 night stay in Durango, 2 tickets to off-site Marble Beer Dinner.
2nd Place-Private Brewery Tour/Conference Room beer party for up to 10 guests
3rd Place-(1) pair of tickets to CRAVE: A Marbleous Pop Up Beer Dinner